Particle Accelerator Reliability
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

RSS feeds

Latest topics
» Asset and Maintenance Management Workshop AMMW2015 at DESY, Oct 12-14 2015
by AndreasLuedeke Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:07 am

» Power Supply Reliability for TDK Gensys, Magna, AMTEK/Sorensen/Matsusda
by georgedodson Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:15 pm

» Hello and a suggestion
by AndreasLuedeke Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:45 am

» Apathy Reigns Supreme!
by AndreasLuedeke Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:08 am

» Post Mortem analysis software
by JulianBrower Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:33 am

» PhoneTool: database with contact information
by lafky Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:25 am

» Independent power supplies or families power supplies ??
by AndreasLuedeke Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:12 am

» Software for reliability predictions / maintainability / RAMI. What do you use ?
by hardy Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:44 am

» Profile Completion
by TonyMowbray Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:29 pm

» Establishing contacts for radiation damage issues accross institutes
by MarkusBrugger Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:49 am

Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 108 on Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:23 pm

Software for reliability predictions / maintainability / RAMI. What do you use ?

2 posters

Go down

Software for reliability predictions / maintainability / RAMI. What do you use ? Empty Software for reliability predictions / maintainability / RAMI. What do you use ?

Post  hardy Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:59 am

Hi there,

I am in charge of the reliability studies for our future light source upgrade in Grenoble. I found on the Web several demos for software which goal are to deal with RAMI analysis. Like Itemsoftware, Reliasoft, etc. It's nice but I am completely lost in what these software can really do. I have to build a huge block diagram with all our equipment (for example 1000 powers supplies, flowmeters, interlocks, etc). Based on our 20 years experience at ESRF, I can put some probability on these equipment. Then I would like that the software computes the final MTBF of these equipment together ... or impose a final MTBF and know what should be the reliability of the individual equipment. I felt that these software can deal with 10s of blocks but not deal with 1000s of blocks (but I am maybe wrong ...)
Do you use any of these software ?
Would you advise one of them (or not advise, if you had a bad experience ...).

Thanks a lot ,

Laurent

hardy

Back to top Go down

Software for reliability predictions / maintainability / RAMI. What do you use ? Empty Reliability and availability modelling software

Post  enric.bargallo Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:32 am

Hi Hardy,

Are you still interested in discussing the software to use in your studies or have you already decided?

Anyway, a colleague of mine, from ESS, will present a poster at IPAC next week about different softwares and the pros and cons of using them in the different phases of a project or the different outcomes that you can get from them. Maybe it is helpful for you.

If you are still interested, we can discuss it further, since I've worked with some softwares (Reliasoft, Riskspectrum, Isograph, Availsim, Excel files...).

Best regards,

Enric.

enric.bargallo

Back to top Go down

Software for reliability predictions / maintainability / RAMI. What do you use ? Empty Yes, very interested !

Post  hardy Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:44 am

Hi Enric,

I have not decided yet because I am still completely lost in what I should use ! I have downloaded most of the demo software you mention (+ Itemsoftware) but do not know how to start with this !...
I have also downloaded your ppt presentation which was available on the WEB (ESS accel RAMI analysis: approach and methodology Nov 12 , 2013)
I am definitely interested to get the reference of the poster of your colleague since I will not go to IPAC but some of my colleagues will go - I will tell them to check. I am of course very pleased if we can continue this discussion by mail. (I just linkedin with you now). I will easily find your mail on the Web.
We can the write the conclusions in this forum so that most of our community can benefit from them !
Thanks again,

Laurent

hardy

Back to top Go down

Software for reliability predictions / maintainability / RAMI. What do you use ? Empty Re: Software for reliability predictions / maintainability / RAMI. What do you use ?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down